Monday, October 31, 2005

Contemplation #61
From Abide in Christ by Andrew Murray (1828-1917).

As the Father hath loved me, I also have loved you: abide ye in my love – John 15:9.
Blessed Lord, enlighten our eyes to see properly the glory of this wondrous word. Open to our meditation the secret chamber of Your love, that our souls may enter in and find there their everlasting dwelling place . . . Lord Jesus Christ! Here I am. From now on, Your love will be the only home of my soul; in Your love alone will I abide.

Contemplation #62
Love divine, all loves excelling
Joy of heaven, to earth come down;
Fix in us thy humble dwelling;
All thy faithful mercies crown!
Jesus thou art all compassion,
Pure, unbounded love thou art;
Visit us with thy salvation;
Enter every trembling heart.
- Charles Wesley

Contemplation #63
From St. Augustine.

Suppose brethren, a man should make a ring for his betrothed, and she should love the ring more wholeheartedly than he who made it for her? Certainly, let her love his gift: but, if she should say, “The ring is enough, I do not want to see his face again,” what would we say of her? The pledge is given her by the betrothed just that, in his pledge, he himself may be loved. God, then, has given you all these things. Love Him who made them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home